In recent years, a shift has occurred in design thinking for kid spaces. We no longer settle for plastic playgrounds of similar style and shape, but explore creative and innovative options that reflect the needs and imagination of children and youth. This approach has become increasingly important given the looming obesity epidemic and increase in parent working hours.
Across the world new playground designs are challenging the status quo and the way in which we re-connect with own youth. Some great examples include:
– The Playground (BOTTOM IMAGE) at Darling Quarter, by Aspect Studios
– Redfern Park, by Spackman Mossop Michaels
– The Youth Factory, by Selgas Cano
– Copenhagen’s Play Yards, great report by Tanya Vincent, and
– Imagination Playground (TOP IMAGE), a playground that evolves with the kids imagination – watch a great video here.
Get in touch with us and let us know about great children spaces near you!